You are probably here because you are looking for some support around a problem or a relationship. You may be looking to find some answers or find a qualified professional you feel you can trust with your story.
I was once in the same position and decided to seek help from a professional counsellor. It had a profound effect on me and sowed the seeds of my decision to train to become a counsellor myself.
I love my work, and I hold deeply the value of truly being present with you and the work we are doing together. A healthy counselling relationship builds a safe and secure foundation for the work whilst also presenting challenge and opportunity for insight and growth.
I believe change happens once we can accept ourselves as we are.
I work with a variety of approaches:
- Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (TA) uses simple accessible concepts. TA can help us gain understanding of ourselves in relationships with others and highlight why we think feel and act the way we do.
- Bereavement Counselling. Losing a loved one can be truly devastating. You may be suffering a mix of feelings such as anger anxiety numbness and disbelief. Counselling can offer you a caring and supportive space to talk about and process your grief and loss.
- Creative Therapy offers a safe gentle way of exploring and processing challenging or traumatic experiences and is especially effective for those times when it is difficult to find words.
- Body Awareness. Evidence shows that all our life experiences are stored in our bodies. Focusing on the body: sensations, feelings and movements in therapy can help to release limiting patterns of thinking that have been held in the body.
- Mindfulness awareness offers a way of being in a world which rewards doing.
I am currently recruiting for a weekly group that will be focused on relationships and healthy communication.
Training and Qualifications
I am a Drama therapist registered with BADTH (British Association of Drama therapists) and HCPC (Health Cate Professions Council). Additionally, I hold a Diploma in Clinical Supervision, a Certificate in Advanced Counselling, aCertificate in Bereavement Counselling, a Certificate Brief Solution Focus Approach, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Diplomas in Complementary Medicine and I am formlerly a Regsitered General Nurse.
Member and accrediting organisations
Areas of experience
I have experience working with anxiety, stress, burnout and panic attacks; depression as well as post-natal depression; trauma, post-traumatic sress, bereavement, relationship issues including separation and divorce and issues associated with family; issues around dependency including eating disorders; ADHD, Bipolar disorders and issues aroun low self-confidence and esteem.
Individuals: a £60 fee for a fifty-minute session.
Groups: a £25 fee for one and a half hours.
Individual Supervision: a £60 fee for a sixty-minute session.
Mob: 07890 878 794